Baker Academic

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week in Review (Oct 20ish)

The Jesus Blog thanks you for tuning in this week. Here are a few highlights.

I told of my discovery of "Social Memory" theory and my early discussions with James Dunn and Martin Hengel about its potential for Jesus studies. I suggest that it is the continuity of memory that makes identity possible. You can read my subtle name dropping here.

Chris announced a book giveaway of the Keith and Hurtado text. Click here to throw your hat in the ring.

I wrote words like "Obama" and "Romney" in conjunction with words like "Jesus". Then I act all holier than thou. Read it here.

I discussed the "Mrs. Christ" fragment and the possibility that blogs and youtube might be an important part of the peer-review process in the near future. Then I was set straight by Peter Head. See here.

In an attempt to push Chris' buttons, I listed the five most common fallacies about the life of Jesus here.

I talked about how the blogosphere changed the terms of my departure from Lincoln, IL here.

I argued that much is left wanting in Kaehler's supra-historical Jesus and Scot McKnight's adaptation of this thesis here.

Chris reflects on the controversies associated with Emmanuel and LCU here.


-anthony


No comments:

Post a Comment